How Wisdom Teeth Removal Can Protect Your Smile
If you're experiencing dental pain caused by your wisdom teeth or you're considering removing yours before problems begin, we can help. At Ocean Dental Studio in Boynton Beach, we know that wisdom teeth removal is a common procedure that can provide numerous benefits for your oral health.
What are wisdom teeth?
Also called third molars, wisdom teeth are the last teeth to develop in your mouth. They usually erupt during the late teens or early 20s. For some people, wisdom teeth come in without any problems while for others, these teeth can cause crowding, infection, pain, and other dental issues.
What are the benefits of wisdom teeth removal?
- Improved oral health: Wisdom teeth that are impacted (stuck under the gums) or overcrowded can lead to a number of oral health problems, such as tooth decay, gum disease, and cysts. Removing wisdom teeth can help reduce your risk of developing these problems.
- Reduced pain: Wisdom teeth that are impacted or overcrowded can cause pain in your mouth, jaw, and head. Removal of the wisdom teeth can relieve this pain.
- Prevention of crowding: When wisdom teeth become impacted and are not removed, they can cause your other teeth to shift out of place. This can lead to problems with chewing and speaking, as well as an increased risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
If you're considering wisdom teeth removal or are curious about whether it’s prudent to leave yours intact, our experienced and friendly team can help. Call us today to discuss your options and develop a treatment plan that's right for you!
Contact Us Today About Having Your Wisdom Teeth Removed
- Take a proactive, preventive approach with your oral health
- Undergo a safe and effective procedure
- Eradicate pain caused by one or more wisdom teeth
- Reduce your risk for oral health problems caused by wisdom teeth
- Help keep your mouth healthy for life!