How A Bruxism Nightguard Can Protect Your Smile
A common condition that causes patients to unconsciously grind or clench their teeth during the day and/or while they sleep, bruxism can lead to a number of problems, including morning headaches, jaw pain, and significant damage to teeth. Thankfully, our team at Ocean Dental Studio can help!
What causes bruxism?
While it can be brought on by stress or anxiety, other factors – including misaligned teeth or an abnormal bite – can contribute to the development of this condition.
Is teeth grinding the only symptom of bruxism?
While symptoms can vary from person to person, here are some of the most common:
- Waking up with a headache or jaw pain
- Tired or tight muscles in the face or jaw
- Pain in the temples
- Difficulty sleeping
- Grinding or clicking noises when you move your jaw
- Worn down, chipped, or cracked teeth.
How can a dental nightguard help?
Custom-fitted to your mouth, a professional dental nightguard acts as a strong shield between your upper and lower jaws, preventing your teeth from grinding against each other. In doing so, it protects your teeth from damage, reduces and/or eradicates morning headaches and jaw pain, and helps wearers sleep more soundly.
If you suspect you may be experiencing bruxism, call us today! We’ll examine your teeth and gums and help you receive the protective and preventive care you need to keep your smile healthy and strong for life!
Contact Us Today About A Bruxism Nightguard
- Protect your teeth and gums while you sleep
- Prevent chips, cracks, and more complex dental issues
- Avoid jaw pain and morning headaches
- Utilize a comfortable nightguard that’s custom-fitted to your mouth
- Prioritize your oral health!